Our staff is comprised of dedicated and licensed professionals with the experience to answer all your questions regarding our services. Please feel free to contact any of our staff members at any time.
In Loving Memory of Dick and Gloria Williams
Dick and Gloria Williams and their two daughters, Linda & Mary Ann moved to Elgin in 1966, after purchasing a locally-owned Main Street grocery store from Eli & Laverne Aronson. In 1971, they built and operated the Williams Grocery store at the corner of 2nd & Main Streets. In 1985, they co-founded the Elgin Funeral Home with several local business people. After having renovated Doctor Morris' old medical clinic, they began serving the families of Elgin and Central Texas in 1986. Gloria passed away in 1992 with Dick following 10 years later. They will always be remembered for their kindness and generosity.
In Loving Memory of Dolly Diebel
Receptionist (November 13, 1925 - October 2, 2014)
Dolly Diebel "The Boss," grew up around the Structure Community and moved to Elgin in 1945, after her husband, George Diebel returned from the service and began working as a salesman for Gruetzners Chevrolet, where he worked for 28 years. She and George were married for 56 years until his death in 1999. She has two children, five grandchildren, and four great-grandchildren. Dolly was asked to join the family at Elgin Funeral Home in 2003 by then funeral director, Lawrence Matetzschk and now works closely with current funeral director and third generation family member, Josh Hausladen. She brings comfort to the families we serve and is a vital asset to the community, her church and all that know her. She is an active member of St. Peters Lutheran Church of Elgin and the church's Prime Timers and spends her mid-week mornings with the Ladies at her Coffee Club.
Johnny Sutton was born next door at the Fleming Memorial Hospital and has made Elgin his home for over 56 years. He and his wife, Marchelle are blessed with three beautiful daughters, Jennifer Elaine Baker, Andrea Michelle Warner and Cassandra Caron Sutton. Johnny's first job was working for his father, Virgle at Sutton's Gulf Station, which was located directly across the highway from the Dairy Queen. After that tour of work, he and his father partnered up and bought Pop's Place, a Domino Hall and Tavern on Main Street. In 1982, he began employment with the Federal Bureau of Prisons, where he worked and retired with nearly 29 years of service. After retirement, he joined the Elgin Funeral Home in 2011 and has been a huge asset to the business, using his personal and sincere approach to comforting families. His hobbies include restoring his 1969 Camaro SS, riding his Harley, and finding time to sit by a stock tank or relax on a pier at the Coast with a wet hook.